Save on your hotel - www.hotelscombined.com

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Travelers rank Dubai's worst hotels - What's all this fuss about?

One of the major news sources reported this recently, and to my surprises, everyone just tweets to their followers, other are major news sources too. Is it right? just to tweets whatever we hear and read?


Personally, Am not against anything, but for sure those ten hotels names mentioned in the report will be really pissed off. to learn that their hotel rates worse just based on reviews from "Trip advisor" (TA). Honest sometimes we tend to forget ourselves and to depend too much on some website that build their names out of other people reviews and says, instead of doing our own research too. Do you think I will care much of who ever one says in "Trip Advisor"? nope. I know TA done excellent job on their website and they help a lots of customers, but I guarantee you no one is perfect. I myself member in TA and I participate to reply some of travelers to Dubai in the forum though I'm not much active as other members, who are like full time job for them to reply to all never ending questions from travelers.

eviews can be based on so many facts and I do agree it will give some kind of picture about the hotel that is reviewed. But I'm against depending on one website and to categorize these 10 hotels in Dubai as a worse one without even consulting those hotels about those reviews about them.

Don't we all deserve equal rights and opportunities? As I'm traveler myself, I know what kind of hotel I will be stay as per budget, and my standard, and I believe each one of us do that. So some travelers used to stay 5 star hotels , and other years cant afford to stay in one, and also at the same time dont want to miss opportunity to visit Dubai, as result they will book less stars hotels. Do you expect to receive some services as they used to have before? No. Some travelers have issue with management or one person at the hotel and when go back home will start to write bad review about that hotel.


Sure I did experience myself bad services / delays / facilities at the hotel but is that will make worse hotel? In short the worse hotel for you is the 5 stars for others. Questions is before you send review to TP, ask yourself, did you stay in the right hotel, according to your budget and standard?

As for the news reporters, stop based your reports on one source only, how you will feel if your news company reported is the worse one based on reviews from one source. And also other media, please, do not tweets for the sake of tweet and getting more followers, review first what you tweet to your followers.

I'am not a professional writer but I hope you got my point. Please stick with your standards when you travel and research more, do not depend on one source.  You're also welcome to ask us too about Dubai and UAE in General for your next visit, but still research more and stick with the best info you have. 

Have a wonderful day,
points2deliver
Hasan

More Info about the report which trigger this subject blog:

3 comments:

sachin bani said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive,your Blog is so interesting.Dubai is heaven in this earth:)
Flights to Dubai
Cheap Flights to Dubai
flights to Sydney

tony mathews said...

The worst hotel in Dubai.
The address for Semiramis Hotel is given as Al Rigga St. We drove up and own Al Rigga St for about 20 minutes but couldn't find it. Several prostitutes hanging around this street. So we rang the hotel and a man advised the hotel was oppositeTaj Park hotel. Couldn't see either hotel so we parked and walked around and eventually someone pointed out Taj Park hotel but it was in 3a St, a street parallel to Al Rigga St. So the address on the website is wrong.

They have an underground car park and driving from the road there is a ramp down but its a fawed design with a high point so, even driving slowly, I nearly took the exhaust off the car on the high point.
No warning signs for motorists though.
Checked in, then up to room but it stunk of smoke. The tv had lots of grooves' in the top where people had left burning cigarettes and they had burnt and melted the top surface of the tv.
Bathroom stunk of wood rot with soap dish hanging off the wall. Room was small and not spacious as advertised on website
There was only one towel. So I went down to Reception and asked for towels and the man said he would send them up (but never did).
I asked the man (Muhdeen) wheres the towels? And he said oh yes we'll send them up. I said don't bother but the room stinks and no towels so we'll talk about a discount (compensation) on the price when I check out and he said yes ok tomorrow.

Checked out next day and asked a new man on Reception (Prince) for bill and when I queried where was the discount he said oh we can't do that. I explained the events and he said we can't do a discount. He said the whole 6th floor was no smoking. I said no it stinks of smoke but he then commented that I stayed the nite with my girlfriend and that was not allowed (he ignores the fact that some married couples choose to keep their names the same and not change them or maybe the hotel has regular use with local prostitutes). I said that was not the point as I was complaining about the poor service and he then said it was the point and threatened to call the police. I said don't threaten me and he started arguing the same point over and over. I said I want speak to your supervisor and then explained the events to his college but Prince continued to go on about the girlfriend. The supervisor said he can't do anything and I said call Muhdeen and he did where Muhdeen said he hadn't agreed to a discount. I asked for the phone and Muhdeen agreed he didn't provide the towels but lied and said he never agreed to a discount. I then asked for the hotel manage and was told he is in Pakistan so I asked for his details. I said I would settle bill and sort it out with the manager on his return. Reception staff were unhelpful abusive liars!

I asked for the return of my ID (that was taken by Muhdeen the nite before and they started to rummage through the drawers. They had lost the ID (my driving licence) I asked them to call Muhdeen and he told them (and lied again) that he had given me my ID back the previous nite after an hour as I was going driving! Pure fantasy.

After 45 minutes they still hadn't found it so I said I had to go as I was driving back to Abu Dhabi.
I asked the Supervisor what he thought of this experience and Prince again started arguing so I walked out. On way out of car park, again driving slowly, I nearly took the undercarriage off the car.

A really poor experience that I hated. The worst experience I've had not just in Dubai but anywhere in the world.

Hotels in Abu Dhabi said...

if you are paying them then its their duty to facilitate you if they had that kind of felicity in their hand AND IN MY point of view nothing is impossible that couldn't be fixed so chill